Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meet Our Newest Vendor- Pamela Petry!





I grew up in Lower Michigan with the opportunity to spend my summers on my grandparents farms in Kansas. I have always loved being outdoors with all kind of nature, from the green mossy trees of the Greater Northwest to the flowing wheat fields of the Midwest. This is where my true love lies. I graduated with a Graphic Design Degree from Ferris State University, a long time ago. But have always kept some form of art close in hand. When I made the move to Washington I took up Pottery Class and loved it ever since.




Structure has never been my strong suit. I have always loved the free flowe of design along with a twist of whimsicality. I'm not saying that I will never create anything structured. But just at this moment in time I love being a bit more free with my pieces. Each one is unique, no matter if I am submerging my fingers in clay, Paint, or Fabric. I have a passion for nature and I feel each piece reflects that.








Pamela's pottery and jewelry are handcrafted out of earthenware clay. They are fired 2 times each to give them the strength and the character they have and every image stamp that she uses she has created herself. Come take a look at the beautiful pieces she has for sale at Baby, Naturally! Keepsake rattles, wall hangings and necklaces for adults and children!


No comments:

Post a Comment